3/04/2012

Tarjeta de Estudiante 6: Myths

Questions I had about Tarjeta de Estudiante:

Q. Is it possible to get a cita previa in a month since the arrival in Spain although you are supposed to? 


I was told by the Spanish embassy in my country that within a month I needed to get a cita previa, but it resulted that I could not have it within a month. I entered Spain in September, and my cita was in December but I had no problem. I asked my classmates who are not Spanish how they applied for Tarjeta de Estudiante, and they said that their cita previa was was way after one month as well. Some say that as long as you are applying for the cita (in the process of applying for it), or have the cita date ready (whenever it is in the future) and can prove it by a cita previa reservation (printed), you won't have any problems. I don't have a clear answer here.


Q. Is there a website that explains about Tarjeta de Estudiante and NIE?


The government website has all the information but in Spanish, so it was my first obstacle. The Spanish government changes the system regarding the Extranjeria quite frequently (for example, phone reservation for cita previa was stopped in October of last year, they opened a new Extranjeria office this year), and it is also true that depending on the personnel you ask, you get a different answer...BE PATIENT!!! 

Foreign residents or expats who have blogs may write articles in Englishabout their experience getting Tarjeta de Estudiante or the NIE so that may be helpful. (For example, http://www.spainexpat.com/. Keep in mind some information might be old and not updated). Casa de Estudiante is very helpful in getting the Tarjeta de Estudiante if you are a student at Compultense.

 
Note: In addition to Casa de Estudiante, for Erasmus students who study at Compultense, there is another office located in the building on the Avenida de Compultense right in front of the Botannical garden that help you solve problems related to your studying abroad program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...